If you grow your own veg, or get a box delivered you are likely to have a lot of greens to enjoy at this time of year. I find that as we go into the depth of winter, it can be a bit of a challenge to keep everyone eating them. Ranch Eggs are huge hit in our house.
Packed with prebiotics to feed the healthy bacteria in our gut, fibre to keep us feeling fuller and their wonderfully anti-inflammatory benefits, I try to get green veg to feature as part of every meal. This recipe goes down well at breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Leave out the eggs and serve as a side dish.
Chopped Bunch of Rainbow Chard or Any Greens – Spinach, Broccoli, Calvo Nero, Green beans all work well
1 Chopped Red Pepper
Finely Chopped Garlic
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric
3 Large Chopped Tomatoes
1/2 Diced Red onion (not essential)
1 Eggs per person
2 tsp Coriander OR Parsley
- Heat a large lidded pan with tbs of coconut oil, add the peppers and red onion and soften
- Add the cumin, turmeric and garlic and cook for a couple minutes until it smells yummy
- Add the tomatoes and cook till they soften and break up a bit. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour in the stock and allow to bubble
- Add the greens, and cover with a lid for 3-4 mins so it softens in the steam
- Mix it all together and then make a hole in the middle
- Break in the eggs and put the lid back on the pan 3 minutes to cook the eggs.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and scattered with herbs off your choice
I an not a nutritionist , just a Mum, Pilates & Health coach, trying to find healthier alternative for my family and clients. Please enjoy my recipes but know that I am unable to accept any liability for your health, or your safety while cooking. My recipes are intended to nudge people in the right direction, and encourage less packet buying and more real food eating.
If you enjoy them can find more blogs & recipes on my website www.sammiemcfarland.co.uk
Take a pic of your food and tag me, I would love to see!