Both Ginger & Turmeric have multiple health benefits, this soup is packed full of antioxidants to reduce inflammation, soothe your digestive system and boost your immune system.
Perfect at anytime of the day, and especially welcome when feeling under the weather.
9 Carrots Chopped
3 Celery Sticks
1 Onion Chopped
1 Tomato or TBS of Tomato Puree
1 TBS Grated Ginger (about an inch)
1 TBS Turmeric (0r an inch of fresh) & a pinch- TSP of Cayenne pepper if you want it
800 ml – 1 litre Veggie Stock or Bone Broth
1 TBS Butter or Coconut Oil
- Chuck all the veg and in a large pan with a Butter or oil, stir so it doesn’t burn, until the veg softens.
- Add in the tomato, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper and S & P, cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pour in the stock , see how much it needs. Gently boil for 15 – 20 mins or till carrots soft.
- Allow to cool and use a stick blender to make it smooth.
- Add in chopped herbs of choice (coriander/ parsley chive) and a dollop of yogurt if you fancy it.
I an not a nutritionist , just a Mum, Pilates & Health coach, trying to find healthier alternative for my family and clients. Please enjoy my recipes but know that I am unable to accept any liability for your health, or your safety while cooking. My recipes are intended to nudge people in the right direction, and encourage less packet buying and more real food eating.
If you enjoy them can find more blogs & recipes on my website www.sammiemcfarland.co.uk